People will fail you. God will not.



So, many many years ago a young couple got saved.
They loved Jesus and tried to the best of their ability to serve Him.
They saw him perform great and mighty miracles.
HE called them. HE chose them. HE blessed them. HE used them.
Tests and trails came
and many failures --
and finally it seemed the earth cracked open
and swallowed them whole...
and "Great was the fall of the house."

30 years later
two women stand side by side
worshipping God together ---
both redeemed from the pit
both having made HIM their LORD and SAVIOR
both desiring to give HIM DOMINION in their lives.

God showed me that my cousin Jennifer was the "first"
and that I was the "last" (grandchild, that is) - from the "great fallen legacy"
(I was like, wait, no! there are two other later grandchildren, but God was like
"No, you are the first and last from the living years of this legacy"
and here we stood
hearts raised in praise
like TWO BOOKENDS to the horrific tragedy---

But we were a NEW THING
GOD, in HIS GREAT MERCY toward ALL generations, ESPECIALLY
all those that CALL UPON HIS GREAT NAME --- Here were were ---
and the
Holy Spirit spoke to me this weekend at a women's retreat we were at
"It's time to stop looking at the previous generation and how they have failed.
You are the NOW generation"

2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Isaiah 43:18-19 


18"Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past.

19See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.


Praising God that the curses have been broken
and the past is no more
and now---NOW---NOW is the time to move forward
into the NEW thing that God is doing.

NOW He is enabling me to see my family with mercy
and not judgement
He is enabling me to see the GOOD that was there
and with a grateful heart

I walk toward the straight and narrow gate
as I build my house upon the ROCK DOING what He tells me to DO
by the strength of HIS GRACE and ability,
knowing that IN ME, that is in my sinful nature/flesh dwelleth no good thing
and that everything good you see in me is because of JESUS CHRIST!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+7&version=NASB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts