The Hilarity of God



So this is more a 'keep track of' for me than anything.......but it is also a GOD is so Good, come let us magnify His name together post.

Hilarity.

A little over two years ago I was made aware of ADD as an actual 'thing' and
came to understand that I responded magnanimously to ADD medication. Enter: SUPER-FREAKING-WOMAN!

Productive doesn't even begin to describe this lady that emerged from my slug-like form.
Tasks? ACCOMPLISHED!
Dreams and plans? FORMULATED AND CARRIED THROUGH!

I pulled so many all-nighters and got more done in two years time than I probably had to show for in the five previous years. No joke.
and I loved.every.second.of.it.
higher than a kite I tell you --- life by the gonads

INSERT: THE GREAT FAST OF 2016

Our church always does a 21 day fast at the beginning of each year - usually a Daniel Fast - no meats, no treats, no sweets.  I always found it extremely difficile so I opted for a more for me doable liquid fast.  Slimfast, grapejuice, iced tea... 21 days. done. well this year in seeking I felt the Lord say "Daniel - do the Daniel" ...i'm like really Lord?? it's so much easier for me to REFRAIN than to RESTRAIN. I guess that was the point.
"thanks Lord!"
ugh.

So it began, and about a week into it -- I have a Tuesday morning prayer group that I attend
for women -- and that particular day my pill bottle had surface to the top of my purse (at my feet) when I opened my eyes and I felt a little embarrassed? so I pushed it back down. Without a wildly thrashing time of prayer - this happened THREE times. I was like Lord? are you trying to show me something?

and it came down to 2 of us left in the room and I began to talk about this with my friend. Saying I am thinking maybe the Lord is wanting me to go off these meds but NOTHING IN ME WANTS TO GIVE THEM UP. they are doctor prescribed. they work. I love them!! BUT I am willing that the Lord make me willing if this is His will.  And as I said that to my friend I felt the Holy Spirit tell me "Give her the pills and tell her to flush them." !!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
So I did this............and then the Holy Spirit said "Now confess to her that you are drug addict"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and ladies and gentlemen I will tell you my flesh was growling.................and thrashing and wanting to argue with God but I knew that even though NOTHING IN "ME", that is in my sinful nature, wanted to agree with God. But somehow, some way I knew it was Him and I knew He was right. When I said to my friend,
"Now God wants me to confess to you that I'm a drug addict" massive tears were streaming down my face and I think little sobs were happening at this point -- and all of a sudden I saw a vision in my mind of me with a withered up hand -- and the Lord said 'Now stretch forth your withered hand and be healed"   and I did just that ---
I confessed my fault one to another and
that one another prayed for me
and ladies and gentleman I was healed!

now I went home and and the Lord spoke to me and said 'JESUS CHRIST WAS FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD. YOU JUST HAD A FULLY GOD ENCOUNTER BUT YOUR FULLY MAN IS GOING TO HAVE TO WALK IT OUT!"
meaning---------------I was now NOT taking a high does of stimulant
I was going to go through some withdrawal and it was going to take time for
my body to work this out of my system and begin to produce the necessary chemicals again on my own! --- so that night or the next day 'burble, burble burble.............glub, glub, glub"
my stomach was so sick. I was up sick in the bathroom for almost a whole night---------sick, sick.
and then the belching began ------ like otherworldly belching--------------and one monstrous, horrific burp emanated forth from my body and folks I am not sure where you stand on the Christian and deliverance and can a Christian have a demon, etc. etc. but I am telling you that night --- God delivered me from this teeny tiny
'addict'
that just seems like was always there.

I couldn't eat one maple nut goodie.
I'd go back in the kitchen and eat the whole bag.
I couldn't have one dr. pepper, i'd have six.
I hadn't lived in MY mind, opinion or estimation as a 'drug addict' for almost

TWENTY YEARS since coming to Christ

but the Lord then began to show me -- I was on too high of  a dose of that med

and I knew it (but was okay with it) because I watned it and I liked it

not only that but I would jack myself up higher with caffeine to go longer or get more done ---

oh man
when the bible says the heart is deceitfully wicked above all else, who can know it?? it means it!

the passage that really hit me and I feel God 'did' ------- is in Isaiah 58 'is this not the fast that I have chosen says the Lord.................that thou hide not theyself from thine own flesh"
I was willing to look at the ugly in me
and seeking Him to draw it out -- to clean it out
to take this heart and make it HIS home ---
to give Him preeminence in ALL things ---

and I am grateful.

now here's the hilarity part ------------------------------------------------


I HAVE A SWEET FRIEND -- who every year encourages us all
to seek GOD for ONE WORD for the upcoming year --- and by the droves women
are BLESSED by this endeavor!! ---
and this year I was one of those women and the word the Lord gave me was
"FOCUS"

Ha!

as I keep thinking about FOCUSING in my family, in my life, in my business
don't you think it's freaking hysterical that GOD would tell me I needed to FOCUS
and TAKE ME OFF MY ADD MEDS THAT ENABLED ME TO FOCUS???

what does this all mean?

those that preach the gospel are to live of the gospel!
I preach JESUSCHRIST IS ALL YOU NEED!

so now HE IS giving me the opportunity to LIVE IT AND WALK IT OUT!

THE ONLY WAY NOW THAT I CAN FOCUS
is to PRAY AND LEAN ON AND INTO HIM!


to God be the Glory ladies and gentleman.
Happy 2016
Here's to a great one!







Comments

  1. Honest look into the journey that love and grace has you on, and as a side note, you were up before the break of dawn to write this...only God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts