IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED,
TRY, TRY AGAIN.




FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD....SO HAPPY TO HAVE SOME!

So for the last (no joke) DECADE God has been bringing me to the place of seeing/knowing/discerning  that  I fare much much better on a gluten free diet.
Well guess what peeps? That is not easy!
And I tend to gravitate toward what is easy.
Also I have dopamine 'issues'.
And since having to go 'off' of my Attention Deficit Disorder Medication ...
Let's just say I've been 'self medicating' with CHOCOLATE, CANDY AND COCA COLA!
*insert - grouchy, feeling like crap and totally addictively 'out of freaking control!'
*add a dash of three weeks of glutenous gluttony
and we had one unhappy momma
and a family of unhappy people
and a creeping back up to an all time high weight FEAR.

Lord have mercy when I stepped on the scale I earnestly looked at my life
and I even more earnestly cried out to my God.

Then by nothing other than what I can describe or attribute to revelation and leading
from the Holy Spirit -- I found "Hungry for Change" Documentary on Netflix - followed
by a friend on facebook having serious results doing something called 'Banting' and my
prior knowledge/research into Primal Blueprint diet and Paleo lifestyle -- the documentary FED UP
followed and wow,
wow,
wowwy-wow-wow!

Our "diet" in America is atrocious!
I started my own blend of gluten free /Primal Blueprint-esque eating with my primary focus
on ELIMINATING SUGAR AND FORMS OF MSG from my diet.
I am focusing on

EATING.REAL.FOOD.

my struggles with his weight all his life young teenage son was also fixed in my sights so I messaged him banting info and primal info and asked him to look into it and see if he was interested in trying this with me. Much to my delight he was and we watched Hungry for Change together. He was as mind blown as I was.  The next day (which blessing of God was coinciding with a paycheck, freeing up so funds) we went to the grocery store.Together. planning to succeed. $400 later...........yikes, ow and wow, thank GOD FOR PLACES LIKE ALDIs! -- we came home with a vanload of meats (hormone free as best as I could procure) and fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, berries and cheeses and determination.

My biggest observation after five full days of this .............
my nail beds? they are pink and my nails appear white ..... almost as if I have had a french manicure. (which if you know me you know I have NOT!) ha ha 

So we stepped on the scale and having completed 5 days I am down 9 lbs.
My son after three days was down 8.  I realize the more you have to lose the more you can drop so fast -- and that all diets kinda 'do' that 
But encouraged to continue? "you betcha"

The first picture is my Sunday brunch.
Here's the breakdown:

Fresh squeezed lemonade w/ pulp and stevia (plant extract 'o.k.' sweetener)
Hormone free chicken breast pan fried in olive oil with spices
Red potatoes roasted in the oven with salt and olive oil
Green beans with garlic salt
Beets pickled with vinegar
and salad of spinach, mixed green, broccoli, green peppers, flaxseed and sea kelp sprinkle -- with raw apple cidar vinegar, olive oil and spices/herbs


i am not yet exercising as I'm still hurting from heel spurs and a rough case of planter's fasciaitis. And I am also very much still having black pekoe tea  with stevia (which to me -- is a heck of a lot better for me than pounding 4+ Cokes a day!)


so to anyone who took the time to read this today-----
my word to you is ------------- DO THE BEST YOU CAN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE WHERE YOU ARE!

and WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

Comments

Popular Posts