Benefits of a Gluten Free Day


And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. - John 6:35

am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and thebread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” - John 6:51

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’” - Matthew 4:4

It's funny the things we sometimes forget? I was typing out these scriptures and was taken back 8, 9 years ago to a conference I went to in Hagerstown, MD. I think it was called "Four Days of Glory." and as always, God met me there! But the 'flashback' vision I just had was me standing outside at a gazebo with my hands raised to heaven saying "I WILL NEVER EAT BREAD AGAIN!"  Feeling in my heart of hearts that God was telling me to give it up
and I was saying WHOLEHEARTEDLY "YES! YES! YES!" And I remember the Holy Spirit speaking these scriptures to me that Jesus was the bread of life and that was the only bread I needed.

I felt so full, so alive, so connected with heaven in that moment.
Doesn't it ALWAYS feel like that when you HEAR HIS VOICE and RESPOND WITH YOUR HEART??

But it's taken me 8 or 9 long, winding years worth of roads, to re-harken unto heaven and realign myself with the kingdom in submission. 

WE HAVE TO FIND OUT OWN WAY

WE HAVE TO LEARN 

WE HAVE TO FIGURE THINGS OUT

because HE LOVINGLY ALLOWS US TO!

I love Jason Upton's song "Run Baby Run" --- the lyrics:

Run baby run...
My hands release you baby...
Run baby run....
fast as you can...
Run til your thoughts lead your heart to the real truth
You're my daughter, my son, so,
run baby run
baby run

Hear me laughing as you run from your calling?
See my crying at the storms that rage?
One day or another you will be going!
To obey is such an easier way!


And you laugh and you cry
and you live and you die
cause you don't really know who you are!
All alone in this world,
orphan boy, orphan girl cause you don't really know who you are

Run, run, run away from me
end up running right into me!
run run, run away from me
end up running right into me

I used to feel so BAD, so guilty, so WRONG when I was disobedient,
like thinking a lightening bolt was going to strike down from heaven and
lambaste me ------ I feared God,
but I didn't KNOW Him.
I didn't really know His loving Father's heart of love for me.

It's a process we are all in
and He is so patient and loving and kind
to allow us to FEEL THINGS OUT
and FIND OUR WAY TO HIM.
He allows us to exercise our WILL HOWEVER WE CHOOSE TO!
But

He is lovingly orchestrating situations and things in our lives
to 'help' us chose wisely ( ha ha )

But He is PATIENT
AND LOVING AND KIND

I REJOICE in the fact that He is in heaven REJOICING WITH ME
when I finally "GET IT~!"  --- whatever "it" is in each and every situation,

whatever HE is wanting me to get~!

It would be like a very patient teacher trying to teach a concept to
a student/child -- and the child just isn't getting it. But they are patient
and loving and kind and they persevere and stick with this kid until 
finally the lightbulb goes off and the student GETS THE CONCEPT!!!
OH how they would REJOICE and EBMRACE and CELEBRATE.

Today God and I are celebrating.

I "get" it
Gluten isn't something He told me to stay away from because
He wants me to suffer and miss out and not ENJOY the finer things in life -
He told me not to eat bread ever again because He knew in his OMNISCIENCE and MAGNANIMOUS WISDOM that my body couldn't handle it/process it well/it drained me of precious resources and was not GOOD FOR ME PERSONALLY!

It took me a long time to "get it"
but I think this time,
I really get it.

HIGH FIVE HEAVEN :)

Benefits of gluten free living:

no brain fog/clear cognition 
no headaches
no hives
I am OUT OF BED at 6:15 and not ruing my day! (MIRACULOUS!)
I just feel better


So, today I will focus on not what I can't have
but I will focus (just as the Daniel fast taught me this year) I will focus on the wonderful food that I CAN have and enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts