Jesus, a dead baby and Coca Cola

So my friend Steve worked as a paramedic for YEARS in Baltimore, MD.
He's seen his share of "stuff"
Once we went on a cruise together and he told a story of a woman who was grotesquely overweight
(think hundreds of pound heavier then you can even think of) and underneath one of their rolls, I kid
you not, Steve said they removed a lost 'sandwich' that when they removed it, exposed maggots eating
not only the sandwich, but yeah, you guessed it - the flesh underneath it, too!
*ugh*
but in his various gallivants and excursions, he's seen unresponsive
and "dead" people
He knows what a body looks like that possesses life
and he is well able to recognize one that does not
My husband works in a nursing home and said there's just something
extremely recognizable
about a lifeless body --- you just KNOW when someone's spirit has departed

Well Steve went on a missions trip recently to Haiti
and he's got this video on his cell phone
and the story he shared about this video on his phone?
They were worshipping -- lively Haitian worship service
and all of a sudden this woman walks to the front of the church carrying
a dead baby - toddler, child --- something happened and the baby died

NOW WHAT WOULD I DO IF MY BABY DIED?
I WOULD PRAY! BUT THEN IMMEDIATELY, AS I WAS WHISPERING PRAYERS
UP TO JESUS I WOULD CALL 911!
Well,
they apparently don't have 911 in this part of Haiti
so this mother carried this little lifeless child to the front of the church for PRAYER
and in this video
that is what you see happening
PRAYER
people's hands raised to heaven
and gutteral prayers in many tongues of foreign language
and
do you know what I saw as I watched this video?
I saw a lifeless child begin to gasp and sputter and BREATHE.
Did you read that?
BREATHE.
The dead baby came back to life.
on his cellphone
in Haiti
before their very eyes

and very recently Chuck found a disconcerting article about cancer
and about chemotherapy specifically
it seems modern science (repudible sources) are admitting that cancer
cells seem to rebound somewhat of a modified and unchemo-able resistance
after being treated with chemo and giving people a pseudo "it's gone" peace
and
it's
being
documented

and
admitted

and yet

it doesn't make front page news

and I think to myself,
what would I do?

I mean
I would probably in my humanity
and my American flesh
go to doctor
and follow his orders?
AND THEN PRAY, TOO

I almost got angry with Chuck,
well, actually I DID get angry with Chuck
because I asked him, WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO?
I mean, you get cancer
to take chemo and radiation,
right?

Your baby dies,
you call 911, RIGHT?

I am realizing I just don't know much
but I do know that the very hairs on my head are numbered.
I know the BIBLE SAYS in Matthew 10:1,8

Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.


I know in my Christian lifetime I have seen demons cast out, I have seen people healed of diseases. I know God is able to do EXCEEDINGLY and ABUNDANTLY ABOVE all that we think or ask according to the power at work in us.

My prayer for 2014 is to SEE HIS KINGDOM COME and to SEE HIS WILL BE DONE on earth as it is in heaven.

Oh Lord that you would rend the heavens and come down that THIS mountain would quake at your presence. 

FATHER I PRAY IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS THAT YOU BURN EVERY BOX THAT STIFLES US/HOLDS US BACK/TIES YOUR HANDS IN OUR LIVES. I PRAY THAT YOU WOULD RELEASE THE PRISONERS AND SET THE CAPTIVES FREE IN JESUS NAME ---AND THAT ALL WHO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WOULD DEPART FROM INIQUITY. GOD I PRAY FOR WHATEVER IS HOLDING US BACK TO BE EXPOSED, REVEALED AND REMOVED. I PRAY THAT WE WOULD KNOW YOU AND DESIRE TRUTH IN OUR INNERMOST PLACES. LET YOUR KINGDOM COME AND YOUR WILL BE DONE --- IN ME LORD, IN MY MARRIAGE, IN MY MOTHERING, IN MY HOME, ON MY STREET, IN MY TOWN, IN THIS MOUNTAIN, IN OUR CHURCH COMMUNITY ---- AMEN!

and now for my coca-cola ...
my son fell down a flight of stairs and landed on his back hard -- so he had much difficulty walking today and it only got worse as the day progressed, so, wisdom, motherly instinct and concern made me take him to medexpress...
this was also the 'eve' before the beginning of the New Life Covenant Church of God's Annual Danial Fast! --- so this was my last chance to have one.more.coke! --- and as we left Medexpress with direct orders to go to the E.R. for more extensive testing --- it's now 9:00pm and 'technically' I have until midnight --- so once we are checked in I tell my son I will be back, I must find the vending machines --- "OUT OF ORDER" the sticker read as I looked longingly behind the glass to the many inaccessible bottles --- sadly, I return to my seat. Now we are finally checked into our room and I ask the nurse where can I get a coke? and explain the predicament --- grimacing, she says, "I can't let you out now" and proceeds to tell me she can only get me a ginger ale. I watch the minutes tick on the clock and resign myself to the situation. Probably twenty minutes later the nurse comes happily bursting through the door with a 20oz bottle of coca cola!!!!!!!! --- She went to the doctor's lounge and when that didn't turn out, she went to another machine and bought it herself! WHAT A WOMAN!
and most of all
WHAT A SAVIOR! --- who is concerned with the very simplest and smallest of our heart's desires.

God.is.so.good.




Comments

Popular Posts