Adventures in Haircutting, What Does it All Mean?

I'm always trying to find correlations with things
and for lack of better phrasing, "cosmic messages"and codes in
the ordinary happenings of life.
It's like a little game God and I play.
He leaves the crumbs and I try to find the trail.
He leaves the fingerprints and I break out my dusting kit.

Well a couple things that feel like correlations or signs that
there may be a cohesive element to in this story are:

I decided to "blog" (again) and when I created this account
this morning
the picture of me in the about me section that defaultingly popped up -
is a picture of me
with this crazy short haircut (from three years ago! when I
had a momentary lapse of reason and decided to get it all cut off!)
This just happens to be the wacky haircut that I ended up with
yesterday after a series of unfortunate events.

Isaiah, after living with his grandmother since January of last year
is going to be transitioning and moving back into our home tonight.
So is God trying to show me that a new chapter is indeed beginning,
or that history, in fact, is going to repeat itself?
Or, quite possibly, am I making something out of nothing.

Oh my poor husband and the madness he sometimes has to live with!

I spent the other day merging Isaiah's partitioned room in the basement that had been
separated from his big brother Christian's and now there is a ginormous mancave/boy suite
and I hope this helps Isaiah somehow in his transition. Both boys agreed to having their rooms conjoined. Dad and I weren't so keen on it because we know how explosive things can become, but I chose to be enthusiastically optimistic about it and see the opportunity for comradarie and brotherhood to be fostered and to grow.

I suppose the only other thing on my mind for today is my daily reading which shamefully I have not done much of in my latest season of melancholia ... but I have, by the grace of God, and by answers to prayers of others for me, picked my bible back up and am reading in Nehemiah, Psalms, Proverbs and Matthew.

Comments

Popular Posts